VP, Business Development
Grant Hubbard is the Vice President, Sales - Strategic Accounts at Qualigence International. Within his role, Grant is responsible for developing and cultivating true partnerships with clients, identifying opportunities to enhance their talent acquisition strategies and find and retain the best possible talent for their organization. During his tenure at Qualigence, Grant has exceeded growing sales goals each year and is continuously driven to deliver the results his clients expect. Grant holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Eastern Michigan University.
What do you most enjoy about your role at Qualigence?
I have a passion for educating my clients about our business model and how we bring value to their organization. I really enjoy working with my clients and helping them develop a strategy to identify the best talent for their needs. The services we provide have such a positive impact on our clients; being able to work across all industries on a global basis makes it even better. Watching and helping Qualigence grow from six employees back in 2001 to where we are today has been a great experience.
Proudest/noteworthy accomplishments in your role?
My proudest moments are twofold:
1. Seeing other people succeed by taking on new responsibilities and watching the team grow in areas they didn't even know they had talent.
2. Every time we are in a situation to give back, whether through donations to local veterans, monetary funding, etc. - helping others through our success is key to continued success.
What makes you stay at Qualigence?
The people. I've met a lot of fantastic people at Qualigence. When you work for a smaller company, you have to have people that buy in to the overall goal of the organization. We've been very fortunate in that regard. On the client side, I've developed relationships with so many people over the years. Working with them on a professional level and getting to know them personally as well is very gratifying. In the grand scheme of things, Qualigence is a small company, yet the impact we have on some of the largest companies in the world is incredible.
What does your typical day look like and how do you make it productive?
My day is focused on my clients - past, current and future. Each day I spend time strategizing with our internal team on current projects - making sure we are on track to deliver. Communication is key, both internally and externally. The rest of my day is spent developing client relationships, discussing their needs and how we might be able to help them achieve their goals.
What are 3 things you would tell a candidate about working at Qualigence?
1. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. If there is something we can be doing better, speak up. Having worked with Steve for as long as I have, if an idea has a 30% chance of working, he's going to try it and see if it works.
2. We have a great group of people working here, the culture is great. I know it sounds cliche, but we do work hard and play hard.
3. We're all focused on the same goal - providing quality results for our clients.
What Thought Leaders/Authors have influenced you professionally?
While he may not be considered a thought leader or an author, my Dad has influenced my life in so many ways. His professional work ethic he instilled in me while growing up has definitely helped me get to where I am today.
Is a walking sports encyclopedia.
Client relationship development, cultivation