Year in Review: 2014 Recruiting Trends RoundupDecember 18, 2014
5 Recruiting New Year’s Resolutions for 2015December 31, 2014
As we look ahead to the New Year, now is the time to re-evaluate your recruiting strategy and determine what techniques are working and what needs to be left behind. Take a look at our Naughty or Nice list to determine what kind of Recruiter you are:
- Relies on email instead of picking up the phone
- Sends Hiring Manager pile of resumes with no feedback
- Stops communicating with candidate once they are out of the running
- Spams candidates on LinkedIn about a 'great opportunity'
- Doesn't do their homework about the job qualifications prior to recruiting
- Pays attention only to the candidate's years of experience
- Picks up the phone to build a genuine professional relationship
- Truly gets to know the candidate throughout process
- Assesses a candidate's skill, attitude, competency, and culture
- Engages in consistent communication with the Hiring Manager
- Asks questions about the job description prior to recruiting
- Carefully considers each candidate and resume
As necessary as it is, employee recognition is a subject that most human resource feel anxious about.
It's never too late to be put on the Nice list! For more information on what trends and tactics to look back on and what to use going forward, see our 2014 Recruiting Roundup.