[INFOGRAPHIC] Forbes Releases Best Places to Work For 2016March 28, 2016
Employer Demand for Bachelor’s Degree on the RiseApril 4, 2016
Grand Rapids, along with its surrounding area, is now the fastest-growing population in the state, according to a new report by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The increase in Grand Rapids' population is 15 times higher than that in any other area of the state, according to the report.
For the last few years, the Grand Rapids area has gained notice locally and nationally for its growth potential, both in business and population. In 2015, Grand Rapids was ranked third in the nation for economic growth, according to The Detroit Free Press.
Grand Rapids companies are regularly making headlines for their growth and expansion, among them:
- Tubelite, which recently completed a vast expansion project at its headquarters
- Doorganics, which recently expanded into Grand Haven due to success and growth
- Mattson Financial Services, which recently relocated to accommodate growth
- Knight Transportation, which is breaking into the Grand Rapids market and creating area jobs
- Start Garden, which is starting a venture with the Development Authority
- Appropos, which is currently expanding due to growth