at Qualigence International
Are you an experienced accountant or financial leader who’s excited to solve business challenges? Are you passionate about building relationships with others and aligning financial strategy with business strategy?
If so, you may be a great fit for our controller role. As a controller, you’ll protect the vital assets of our company and provide critical financial insights to our CEO. Your efforts will be crucial to the continued success of our organization.
LOCATION: Hybrid – On-site at our Livonia office 3 days per week is required.
Our mission is to transform the industry by putting people at the center of every business and unlocking their best performance. Our CEO Steve Lowisz founded Qualigence in 1999 because he was tired of recruiting services that didn’t deliver real value. We don’t just fill seats; we help our clients make hires that thrive on the team and power their success. From mid-size businesses to Fortune 500 organizations like JP Morgan and Pepsi, we help companies across the country build stronger teams.
The Controller Position
The Controller is responsible for overviewing all financial operations for Qualigence as well as multiple related entities. They will accurately and efficiently protect the vital assets of the company, ensuring compliance with financial regulations, close the books correctly, and communicate value and risk issues to the CEO & Leadership appropriately. They will be vital in providing financial leadership and aligning business and finance strategy to grow the business. This individual will improve cost reduction and other process improvements that add value to the company. This individual will have strong leadership skills, business acumen and will be able to establish personable, respectful, and trusting relationships with clients, vendors, and internal employees. The Controller will lead an AR/AP Specialist to help support execution of all financial operations that reports directly to them. The Controller will report directly to the CEO.
The Ideal Candidate
You may be an ideal candidate for this role if:
- You’re highly organized and pay attention to small details while juggling different projects
- You thrive when you’re building real relationships with clients, not selling transactionally
- You have a “do what it takes” attitude while still maintaining high ethical standards and integrity
- Ensure that all client invoices are created and sent on a weekly and end of month basis
- Maintain AR to less 5% over payment terms.
- Create, manage, and provide report all budgetary and key financial indicators to appropriate leadership team members.
- Ensure timely and accurate month end, quarter end, and year end closing and related reporting.
- Provide monthly revenue forecasting to leadership team members.
- Provide relevant financial dashboard to each member of the leadership team and broader staff at appropriate levels.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial statements on all entities to CEO, required financial institutions, and executive leadership team.
- Prepare and provide monthly departmental budgets and performance reports to each department manager.
- Suggest & implement appropriate cost reduction strategies.
- Lead the annual budget process.
- Ensure timely processing of all AP items.
- Approve all organizational expenses included employee reimbursements.
- Accept additional responsibilities when required.
Be the Person That Makes a Difference
If you’re ready to advance your career and make a real difference, fill out the form and apply today!
Why Work at Qualigence?
Whether it’s our own employees or the employees of our clients, we’re dedicated to helping people find their purpose and excel. Our work revolves around putting the right person in the right role for the right reasons, and that mission starts at home.
If you’re looking to work at an organization where your voice will be heard and your hard work recognized, then Qualigence is the place for you.
Every Qualigence Employee Enjoys:
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Community outreach programs
- Impact Gym (In-house gym)
- Company sponsored life insurance
- Happy hours + seasonal events